How to Change your Email Address from MyID to an Alias
Why is it important to change your email from your MyID to an alias? Security. Your MyID is attached to your Athena, Degreeworks, and Webmail among other logins. These databases contain private information. By changing your email address from your MyID to an alias, you will be protecting one piece of information an individual needs to unlawfully enter into your account.
- Go to to http://myid.uga.edu/
- Click on “Change UGA Email Address” in the left column.
- Log in with your current MyID & password.
- Click on the button entitled “Create New Email.” If you have already changed your alias in the past, click the “Edit” text to the last entry in the list.
- Type in the address as you would like it to appear in the “New UGAMail Address” field. Concerning this address:
- It may contain small letters and numbers, but cannot be all numbers.
- It can contain one period but no other symbols (e.g. ,:@!).
- It must be at least two and a maximum of 30 characters in length.
You will still use your MyID (original email) to log into respective accounts.