The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (S.A.A.C.) is made up of representatives from each sport. They meet regularly to discuss issues which affect student life. Social functions for all student-athletes are planned as well as community outreach projects (i.e., Special Olympics events, Thanksgiving meals for those less fortunate, signed holiday cards for members of the Armed Forces, National Student-Athlete Day, etc.). S.A.A.C. meets with the Athletic Director on a regular basis. This has proven to be a very effective means of communication for the student-athletes and an excellent source of information for administrators. You are encouraged to become involved in the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (S.A.A.C.) because it is an excellent way for student-athletes to participate in decisions regarding student life issues and concerns as well as a means to broaden your college experience.
The mission of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the SEC structure.
- Solicit student-athlete response to proposed SEC legislation.
- Recommend potential SEC legislation.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image.
- Organize community service activities.
- Provide a voice for UGA student-athletes.
- Serve as student-athlete liaisons to Athletic Association administration.
If you have questions regarding S.A.A.C., please do not hesitate to contact Heather LaBarbera, Director of Student Services at email@example.com or 706.542.3519 or Robert Miles, Director of Life Skills at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.542.1845.