By adding numbers to your resume, you paint a picture in the interviewer’s mind of the direct impact you had in each of your roles. Here are some examples of how to quantify your resume.
Range – if you don’t know an exact number, use a range.
- Before: Responsible for helping children at a summer football camp
- After: Instructed 15 – 20 children on the skills of football during the Kirby Smart Football Camp
Frequency – describe how frequently you perform a task
- Before: Attended multiple swim practices each week
- After: Dedicated 20 hours each week to weight training and swim practice
Scale – describe the magnitude of your accomplishment
- Before: Handled the team’s budget for t-shirts and activities
- After: Managed the $2,000 UGA Soccer Team’s budget to plan team trip and team-building activities
- Before: Placed at the track and field conference meet
- After: Earned a 3rd place finish at the SEC Track and Field Championship